Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reliving the Past

It has been part of my routine to watch TV before going to sleep. I was just on time because when I turned the television on, my favorite program just started. It is actually a documentary program that features ancient cultures. What I like about it is that it takes me back in time because of their episodes. Last night the program featured the ancient Egyptian culture. It was so interesting because it talked about the lifestyle of the Egyptian people way back hundreds of years ago; how the pharaohs ruled their people and their customs and traditions. It also featured the pyramids of Egypt. It really amazes me every time I see pictures of these structures because it seems so perfectly shaped. It seems there's plenty of mystery inside it. I'm also interested in its symbolism toward the Egyptian people. I really wonder how I would feel if I'm actually there and right in front of me are those magnificent structures. How surreal the feeling would be, I suppose. I really want to get inside one of the pyramids and get the feeling of being inside it. How I wish I could travel there one day and experience it myself. That would be a very enriching experience. Anyway, in the middle of the program, it was cut off because of a breaking news update. The news actually featured relatives of a very prominent personality who recently died of a vehicular accident. They are squabbling over the assets of the said person because he had no immediate family anymore. They talked about Estate Finance as well. After that short pause, the program resumed and they ended it with an aerial view of the pyramids and it's just breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment