Monday, July 11, 2011

Unexpected Call

I was taking a nap when my phone rang continuously. I received a call from my best friend inviting me to attend to his parents' renewal of vows.  I got so excited because I've been very close to the family since grade school; in fact I often visit their place during the weekends.  The mere thought of attending a special occasion of two beautiful people celebrating a momentous event of their lives makes me very excited. Thus when I learned that my neighbor is scheduled for a trip to Hong Kong next week, I asked her a favor to look for the perfect 50th wedding anniversary gifts. I wanted to have something unique yet relevant; hence, I told her to seek suggestions from their tour guide. I'm pretty sure that specialty stores that offer tokens for all occasions are swarming all over the place. To add a personal touch to it, I asked her to have their names engraved on it as well as their wedding date. Since this is something that can be displayed on a shelf, this will remind them of how long they've been together and how strong the relationship has become over the years. I can't wait to attend the said merrymaking since I know a smile would surely be noticeable on their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment