Thursday, May 5, 2011

Giving Second Chance to Used Items

After doing some mall strolling one afternoon, I hurriedly went to school to fetch my niece. Since it was raining cats and dogs that day, I made sure to pass under the hallway of several buildings for protection. While walking, I can't help but notice a pile of used clothing and appliances scattered along the passageway. At first, I thought somebody is moving to another place but I was amazed when a lot of people tried to flock together and search for some useful items. I asked my brother about it and said it is a common practice for Singaporeans to throw away old things especially when Chinese New Year comes. This is their way of instantly getting rid of timeworn pieces rather than resorting to online silent auction ideas, which is of course more helpful and profitable. The big difference is that they do not sell these things; instead they just want to dispose of the goods without expecting any profit at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment